Thursday 30 January 2014

Good news on beige

I say, a reprieve! I had feared that my house was going to be the victim of some of the guidelines issued by those in the house-selling business, things like Tidy Up (difficult, & so boring), Mend Everything (oooh dear - but I did mend the errant door catch that resulted in me running round the block in my jamas to try to get into my own living room), and above all Slap on a lot of Boring Innocuous Bland Colours, which seems not to be necessary, as a very pleasant young woman from William H Brown's has been round and given my green the
The green paint is saved for the nation.
Hang on - isn't that far wall just a bit... beige??
green light! So I don't need to go out and get a huge tin of beige paint, and merely have to keep the place in some kind of order in case of viewers.

Double bed, but one of you must climb over the other to get out
of it (not shown)
I was of course wondering whether I could sell the place by means of this daft blog, but you will admit, as even I do, that it seemed unlikely. So it looks like this blog will just continue its merry way a the diary of a house-seller. Its fangs have been drawn, so to speak, and it is now just a cuddly pussycat and not the roaring lion it began as, what with me fulminating on the terrible taste of the British house-buying public and the wickedness of the market in its promotion of bland, bland, bland.

I did however learn something of the art of deception involved in all this, and found myself arranging just one side of a room to look good, so that a photograph from a favourable angle might be taken. Thus the pic of
the Pink Bedroom (which I inherited from he previous owner) doesn't show that the bed is jammed right up against some ancient bookshelves from the era when things Habitat were more affordable - from around the time of the original chicken brick really - (click here for interesting article about the chicken brick) and these shelves are full of that unclassifiable material in everyone's houses called Stuff. The limiting of Stuff has really become something of a necessity these days, and I have browsed many a 'de-clutter your house' website, but obviously not with nearly enough sincerity. This is one of them: How to de-clutter I'm going to study it right away. G'night!


No comments:

Post a Comment